Ted Whitney of Liberty University put out a simple, yet stunningly encouraging reminder to fellow believers about the powerful attributes of God. I can only dare forget the character of God, especially since I have tasted and I have seen that He is good.
Whitney, writing about the storms of life that hit so close to home offers the following:
"In light of the recent tornados, I've been compelled to write about storm preparations. I'm writing about those other storms that come our way that take us by surprise and cause havoc in our lives.
These can be related to:
So, how do we prepare for the storms of life? I am suggesting we think less of our circumstances and more of God. Let's review His character.
- He’s always good and loving. Psalm 136:1-3 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords. His love endures forever."
- He alone is wise. Romans 16:27 says, "To the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ. Amen."
- He cares for us. Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
- He’s always working things out for our good. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
- He demonstrates grace and compassion. Psalm 145:8 says, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."
Source: Liberty Online Community Blog. Preparing For The Storms of Life. 28May13. http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=26347